- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb, roughly shredded
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots or 1⁄2 lb baby beets, peeled
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped roughly
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss everything together until well-coated. Roast in a preheated 425F (220C) oven for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- You can use almost any combination of herbs and carrots or beets; use your imagination. Mix and match - try orange carrots with sage and white wine vinegar, purple carrots with thyme and orange juice, golden beets with marjoram and red wine vinegar, and purple beets with rosemary and balsamic vinegar, all in the same roasting pan.