Recipe by Tish
This is great for the holiday or anytime really. Great served with toasted french bread or water crackers for a festive treat.
Top Review by Fennel breath
I thought this was amazing. I roasted my own red peppers to give it a smokier flavor. I served it on sandwiches with pesto on one side and the pepper spread on the other. It was also great just on crackers. Beware....it makes a lot of spread so you may want to cut the recipe in 1/2. Very simple to make. A press of the finger on the food processor.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 (6 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender. Blend or process until mixture is fairly smooth, adding oil as needed for desired consistency. Place in serving bowl, cover, and chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Serve with toasted french or water crackers.