Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Posted for a recipe request.
- 4 medium red bell peppers, roasted (see note)
- 1 cup yogurt cheese (see note)
- salt, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade or blender, puree the roasted red peppers.
- Place puree into a medium serving bowl and combine with the yogurt cheese, red pepper puree, salt and hot sauce.
- Blend to thoroughly combine all ingredients. Serve as a dip with freshly cut vegetables, crackers, chips or tortilla chips.
- Cook's Notes:
- To roast red peppers, preheat the broiler.
- Place the peppers on broiler pan and place under the broiler.
- Broil on all sides until charred and blackened.
- Remove from oven.
- Place in a plastic sealable bag and let rest 15 minutes.
- Remove from charred skin; core and seed peppers.
- To Prepare Yogurt Cheese:
- Line a colander set over a pan or bowl with 2 layers of coffee filters or cheesecloth.
- Place 32 ounces nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt in colander.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Shorter draining produces moister cheese similar to sour cream; longer draining produces a thicker cheese.
- Scrape the yogurt cheese from the filter or cloth and use in recipe.