Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use as a spread, or heat & use as a sauce. The possibilities are endless!
- 8 ounces feta cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Blend feta and roasted red peppers in blender until nearly pureed.
- Blend in olive oil and oregano.
- Blend in minced jalepenos, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to bowl, cover and chill 2 hours.
- Serve on bread, crackers, or (heated) on burgers, pasta, or potatoes.
Delicious! We halved the recipe & used our own roasted red peppers ('capsicum' in Australia) that came from our garden. The 2 hours in the fridge melded the flavours together beautifully. I think lime juice would make 5 stars. Thanks for sharing! :)