Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a WONDERFUL tasting dip that is EASY to make. The prep time does not include the cooling time, which takes about 15 minutes.
- 2 roasted red peppers, peeled and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (not from jar)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- thin crackers or toasted baguette, sliced
- Line a baking sheet or jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil, using enough foil so that there is extra on the sides.
- Place peppers on the foil. Broil 6 to 8 inches below the broiler element. Rotate to char on all sides.
- Remove from oven and draw up sides of foil to enclose the peppers. Allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Open the foil, and when the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove stem and peel and seed the peppers.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
Yum! Love this dip. I add some chopped green onion to this before blending and chill before serving. It really works great for just about any cracker or toasted bread.