1/1 Photo of Roasted Portabella and Mozzarella Melt
This sandwich is great with gooey cheese and juicy, meaty mushrooms, layered between deliciously crispy, toasted bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium portabella mushrooms, stems trimmed, caps rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 slices ripe tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Rub mushrooms with olive oil and vinegar.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Place mushrooms flesh side down on a baking tray and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until soft.
- 5Thinly slice mushrooms once cooled.
- 6Do not turn off oven.
- 7Spread pesto on all 8 pieces of bread.
- 8Divide mozzarella on 4 pieces of bread.
- 9Put tomato slices on top of cheese.
- 10Place portobello slices on top of tomato and put remaining 4 slices of bread on top to complete sandwiches.
- 11Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 12Melt margarine.
- 13Add sandwiches, two at a time, and cook until browned on one side (place a heavy object on each sandwich to help it brown evenly).
- 14Turn over and brown the other side.
- 15Each side should take 2-3 minutes to brown.
- 16Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Portabella and Mozzarella Melt
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.7
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 560.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: