Recipe by CarolAT
This easy to make pork tenderloin dish with mango relish is an elegant dish to serve for family or friends. I found this recipe in a Southwest Parent magazine.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
This was a big hit. Great flavour combination. I had some homemade mango chutney already made so I didn't try the relish yet but this recipe is a definate keeper to try next time. For pork I like to get the internal temp. to at least 160 F so it took about 10 mins longer for us. Even then the roast was abit pink inside so I'll probably go to 165 F next time. I cooked the roast in the oven in a pan with rack so I poured the marinate with abit of water in the bottom of the pan so it doesn't burn & the flavour continues to marinate the meat during cooking. It smelled so good I was tempted to make the drippings/sauce into a gravy, I'll probably try that next time too. Fabulous recipe, thanks for sharing.
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (or cherries)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine pork, orange juice, molasses, ginger, and coriander; turn to coat. Marinate 4 to 24 hours.
- Remove pork, discard marinade.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place pork in shallow roasting pan; roast 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature is 155 degrees; remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- For the relish: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and serve with pork.