1/4 Photos of Roasted Plantains
Sue Lau's Note:
Choose ripe plaintains for this dish. If you have green ones, allow them to ripen until they look like overripe bananas with black marks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lightly coat a shallow baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter/oil.
- 3Slice each plaintain in half lengthwise, and then into 5 sections; remove peel.
- 4Place plaintain pieces in prepared baking pan.
- 5Pour orange juice evenly over plaintain pieces; sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- 6Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
Browse Our Top Tropical Fruits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Plantains
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g