Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Choose ripe plaintains for this dish. If you have green ones, allow them to ripen until they look like overripe bananas with black marks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a shallow baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter/oil.
- Slice each plaintain in half lengthwise, and then into 5 sections; remove peel.
- Place plaintain pieces in prepared baking pan.
- Pour orange juice evenly over plaintain pieces; sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
Loved this recipe! I had bought a bunch of plaintains for another, more time-consuming recipe,but didn't have time to make it. Saw this one and figured why not. I even introduced someone to plaintains with this, and they ate most of the dish. The only addition I made was to add a tbs. of melted guava jelly to half of the pan (the other half got eaten immediately by DH). Either way, they were very good. Nice and easy, too.
I never tried plantains before this recipe and didn't know what to expect. I loved them! Very sweet and they were a hit with other family members. Make sure your plantains are fully ripe and yellow, though. I cooked one that had a little green spot and those pieces definitely weren't as tender as the rest.
These little morsels were incredible Sue. I enjoyed them so much. I let them roast for 40 minutes. The orange juice, sugar and cinnamon glazed the plantains perfectly. What a taste treat. I love plantains and am always looking for new ways to cook them. Thank you so much for sharing this treat. :)