Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
The blending of flavours makes this dish by Toronto chef Massimo Capra very delicious.
- 4 slices pineapple, cut 1 inch thick (center removed)
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 ounce balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened & lightly whipped
- 2 ounces honey
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with some of the butter, arrange the pineapple slices and bake at 450F for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Divide the rest of the butter into the center of the pineapple slices. Drizzle with the balsamic and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- To serve, fill the hole with the fresh goat cheese (or another very creamy cheese) and pour some of the cooking liquid over it, then drizzle with honey.
- Allow to cool to at room temperature before serving.
Luscious, sweet, sour, creamy, tangy and smooooth. Wonderful way to gild the lily. I think this works well as a salad or as dessert. If goat cheese were unavailable, I'd substitute cream cheese or something with a smooth, fluffy/dense texture. Dh wondered how much trouble it would be to make himself another serving. I told him nothing to it, very simple. Thanks, CountryLady.
So many flavors your tongue will love you for this recipe. Your mouth explodes from the pineapple and vinegar then the goat cheese and sugar mellows it out. So good! My DH and I ate two the day I made them using Honeyed Wine vinegar recipe #65708. The next day I heated the other two on a hot grill just to get the grill marks on both sides which was enough to be warmed through.
Nice variation to serving fresh pineapple. Didn't have any goat cheese so used feta. Served with some grilled salmon.