Recipe by yogi
Nice creamy substitute for mayo. You can play around with the flavor by substituting the red peppers with more mustard, extra garlic or capers and herbs.
Top Review by Theresa P
This is FABULOUS!! So smooth and creamy, with a nice bite from the garlic, mustard, and lemon! What a great spread. I think this could also be used as a salad dressing. I doubled the recipe with no problems. SO GOOD !!!
- 1⁄2 box silken tofu (lite is good) or 6 ounces soft tofu
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper (white pepper looks nice in this)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree roasted pepper in food processor till smooth.
- Put tofu and oil in food processor and puree till smooth.
- Scrape down sides and add garlic, mustard, lemon juice, red pepper puree, and seasonings.
- Puree till smooth, taste and add more salt, pepper or cayenne if needed.
- Store in covered bowl or jar in frig for up to 5 days.