Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice creamy substitute for mayo. You can play around with the flavor by substituting the red peppers with more mustard, extra garlic or capers and herbs.
- 1⁄2 box silken tofu (lite is good) or 6 ounces soft tofu
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper (white pepper looks nice in this)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Puree roasted pepper in food processor till smooth.
- Put tofu and oil in food processor and puree till smooth.
- Scrape down sides and add garlic, mustard, lemon juice, red pepper puree, and seasonings.
- Puree till smooth, taste and add more salt, pepper or cayenne if needed.
- Store in covered bowl or jar in frig for up to 5 days.
This is FABULOUS!! So smooth and creamy, with a nice bite from the garlic, mustard, and lemon! What a great spread. I think this could also be used as a salad dressing. I doubled the recipe with no problems. SO GOOD !!!