Chef #407788 Evelinkamalinka's Note:
Yumm, a roasted oyster with diced tomatoes is an elegant, singular serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub oysters under cold running water. Spread rock salt on a heavy roasting pan or baking sheet. Arrange on dozen of the oysters, curved shell down, on rock salt so they are stabilized.
- 2Bake in a 400 degrees oven, for about 10 minutes. Remove oysters when the shells open, as they pop and continue baking until are done. Repeat with remaining oysters.
- 3Hold the roasted oyster with the oven mitt and the flat side up. Using a strong bladed knife insert the knife into the hinges of the shell. Twisting the blade, pry open the oyster, move the blade along the upper side of the sheel to free the muscle from the shell.
- 4Remove and discard the upper shell.
- 5Us the lower sheel fro sering the oyster.
- 6Transfer to a platter linded with rock salt. Top each oyster with 1 teaspoon of tomatoes and green onions. Served with lemon wedges.
- 7Makes 24 appetizers.
Browse Our Top Californian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Californian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Oysters
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.1
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 130.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: