Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking Light May 2003
- 1 medium vidalia onions or 1 medium other sweet onion, peeled
- 10 shallots, peeled and halved (about 1/2 pound)
- 10 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup about 2 1/2 ounces crumbled maytag blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut onion into 8 wedges, leaving root intact. Place onion wedges, shallots, and garlic in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, butter, honey, and thyme in a small bowl, and drizzle over onion mixture, tossing to coat.
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and secure with masking tape. Sprinkle paper with cornmeal.
- Unroll dough onto paper; let stand 5 minutes. Pat dough into a 14 x 12-inch rectangle. Arrange onion mixture over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Fold edges of the dough over onion mixture (dough will not completely cover onion mixture). Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 10 minutes on a wire rack. Sprinkle with parsley.