Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
i found this recipe online somewhere and i tried it and it was awesome!! really easy and really good. if you like spiced and flavorful food, this is a great recipe to try. a note to the cook: i always put the chicken in a pan with the juices and put it directly in oven. you might have to cook it a few minutes longer, but it always comes out delicious.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Pat chicken dry and rub with flattened garlic cloves; place garlic in cavity. Squeeze lemon into small bowl; place lemon in cavity.
- Brush chicken with half of juice.
- Mix spices and salt and rub over and inside chicken.
- Tie legs together. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet.
- Add chicken, breast side up. Add remaining lemon juice to skillet. Baste
- chicken withpan juices. Transfer to oven, and bake until juices run clear.
- Baste occasionally. Roast about 1 hour -- .
The spices were great on this chicken. I only had chicken legs so that is what I used and I roasted them in my cast iron skillet with new potatoes. When the chicken was done roasting, I placed my skillet back on the stove and I deglazed the pan with a little butter and lemon juice. This dish was wonderful! Thanks for posting!
Tender, juicy, and full of flavor! This was lemony and spicy and oh so good. I cut the backbone out of the chicken and flattened it (I think spatchcock?). Anyway, it only took 35 minutes to cook that way and looks great. Other than that, followed the directions.
I originally found this recipe in a small Bon Appetit cookbook that I got for subscribing. I can't find the cookbook and came looking for it here. It's delicious and so wonderful while cooking. It's great for that day you're shut in and get to smell the chicken roasted for a while. I usually use large roasters (7 lbs) and double the spice/garlic/lemon aspects of the recipes. It's great as leftovers as well. Thanks for posting this recipe, I'm so happy to have it again.