Recipe by Rellish
i found this recipe online somewhere and i tried it and it was awesome!! really easy and really good. if you like spiced and flavorful food, this is a great recipe to try. a note to the cook: i always put the chicken in a pan with the juices and put it directly in oven. you might have to cook it a few minutes longer, but it always comes out delicious.
Top Review by Chef Sarita in Austin Texas
The spices were great on this chicken. I only had chicken legs so that is what I used and I roasted them in my cast iron skillet with new potatoes. When the chicken was done roasting, I placed my skillet back on the stove and I deglazed the pan with a little butter and lemon juice. This dish was wonderful! Thanks for posting!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (fresh grind)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon (halved)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander (ground)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Pat chicken dry and rub with flattened garlic cloves; place garlic in cavity. Squeeze lemon into small bowl; place lemon in cavity.
- Brush chicken with half of juice.
- Mix spices and salt and rub over and inside chicken.
- Tie legs together. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet.
- Add chicken, breast side up. Add remaining lemon juice to skillet. Baste
- chicken withpan juices. Transfer to oven, and bake until juices run clear.
- Baste occasionally. Roast about 1 hour -- .