Recipe by Greeny4444
Another great recipe from the back of the 2012 edition of Eat This, Not That! by David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding. This cooking method can be done with other meats, too. Chicken breast or pork loin can be placed in the center of a strip of prosciutto, seasoned with salt and pepper, wrapped tightly, and roasted at 400 degrees F in the oven until cooked through.
- 4 (5 ounce) halibut fillets (can be cod, sea bass, or any other flaky, white fish, 4-6 oz.)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices prosciutto, sliced thin
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce, prepared
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Season the fish all over with salt and pepper.
- Lay the slices of prosciutto flat and wrap a piece of fish tightly with one of the slices. Repeat with the remaining 3 slices.
- Place the fish on a baking sheet and position it on the middle rack of the oven.
- Roast until the prosciutto begins to crisp up and the fish flakes with gentle pressure from your finger (or a fork), about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve each with a wedge of lemon and the pesto drizzled over the top.