Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are wonderful, and they go fast! This is a great recipe for fresh green beans, even when the beans are out of season and might be a little tough. The natural sugar in the beans caramelizes, giving this dish lots of flavor.
- Rinse the beans, breaking off the ends. Leave them long, don't break down into smaller pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place beans on foil, sprinkle with garlic then drizzle with oil. Toss the beans until they are coated with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, you can also add a little red pepper if you want to add heat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, shaking the sheet a couple of times during baking to flip the beans. Beans will shrink slightly and look wrinkled, with dark spots. This is how they should look!
- Serve hot, as a side dish or snack.
Sorry, this didn't work for me. It may have been because I used frozen green beans, but I did make sure to thaw them thoroughly before roasting them. I followed the recipe exactly as written and the results came out dry and shriveled. Will not be making again.
Great WW recipe. To supplement good health, I've been exercising with only the dog to watch. Thank goodness he doesn't know how to dial 911.
Very delicious and so easy to make. I will be adding to my regular rotation. Thanks CoreChick for a great recipe.