Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
from eating well
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Toss green beans and bell pepper with oil and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Spread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast at 500ºF until browned and tender, turning once halfway through cooking, about 10 minutes.
It was ok, but nothing too special. Thanks for the idea, I love trying new things I had had not thought about green beans and red bell peppers before.
Perfect, just perfect! I was skeptical about the "lack" of seasonings, but with just a bit of salt and pepper this was great. Roasting really brought out wonderful flavors in both these vegetables that went so well together. This will definately be one of our staple sides from now on.