Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great on crackers with a nice glass of wine. Makes a great gift. Put it in a nice crock or container and attatch the recipe!
- 2 large heads of garlic (not cloves, but a whole head)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted lightly, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut off top quarter of garlic heads to expose the cloves; arrange heads in center of a large piece of foil.
- Drizzle each head with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and completely enclose in foil.
- Roast garlic in middle of oven for 45 minutes or until cloves are tender.
- Carefully open foil package and cool garlic heads.
- Gently squeeze out the pulp from each garlic clove into a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add cheeses, stirring to blend well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Chill spread at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Serve at room temperature.