Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A slight twist to scalloped potatoes, and a great side dish to any meat entree.
- 8 red potatoes (small to medium)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1⁄2 can milk
- 1 shallot, sliced fine
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Thinly slice, but do not peel, the red potatoes.
- Thinly slice the shallots, and place both potatoes and shallots in a large mixing bowl.
- Shake flour over the mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to cover the vegetables with the flour, seasoning mixture.
- Put vegetables in an 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix the soup and milk well and pour over the potato mixture.
- Dot with the butter and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and return to oven for 15 more minutes, or until potatoes are tender and top is crispy.