Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is fantastic to use as a spread on buttered French bread (slathered with the garlic puree) or to use in salad dressings, or just about what ever you like! I eat this just off of the spoon, it is that good LOL!... I make lots and freeze in 1/2-cup plastic freezer containers.. Delicious! You can double or triple the recipe. Make sure that you purchase and use extra huge garlic bulbs, the smaller ones just are not worth the effort, and take too long to peel.
- Set oen to 350 degrees.
- Chop off the bottom of garlic head, and separate into WHOLE cloves.
- Place the cloves (leaving the skin on) in a shallow 8-inch square baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes; cool and drain oil.
- Remove the skins from the baked cloves (I just squeeze the cloves between my fingers, and the soft garlic just slides right out of the skin).
- To puree: add all ingredients in a processor and puree for about 30 seconds, or until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally.
I love this, I was eating this stuff off the spoon! I made your Cheesy Garlic Parmesan bread #105726 with this, and I froze some to use on other recipes. What a great idea KITTENCAL, thank you!