Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tender and savory with garlic. A fine accompaniment to roasts.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 -12 cloves garlic, peeled (or more, if you love garlic)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil; add potatoes and garlic and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes; drain well.
- Arrange the potatoes and garlic on a baking pan and toss with the olive oil (have the potatoes cut side down so they brown nicely).
- Sprinkle with the thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Place on a serving platter or dish and garnish with parsley,.
Excellent method of preparing potatoes - browned on the outside and creamy inside. And so tasty! Thanks for posting this, Sue!
these were very good. To give them more flavor I added some garlic and onion powder, and fresh rosemary while they were baking. I loved the how combining the methods of cooking the potatoes was detected in the finished product.
I am not a big potato fan but make them for guests. These were so good, however, that even I loved them! The combination boil/bake makes the texture just lovely, and the spices were just perfect. Next time I might use a bit less oil. I will definitely make these again!