Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour, this is a great Russian dessert! This recipe is adapted from Everyday Cooking for the Jewish Home by Ethel G. Hofman. This is also popular in the Northeast and Canada.
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 pears, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 apples, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup chopped mixed dried fruit (glazed if possible)
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons chopped glazed pecans
- Heat the walnut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in maple syrup and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the pears and apples. Partially cover and cook over medium-high heat until just tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in dried fruits and apple cider.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle pecans over top. Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
This was wonderful! My husband and adore fruit desserts and this was really nice and different, making a sweet change of pace! Only thing I did different was used almonds instead of pecans because that was what I had onhand. I will be making this again!