Recipe by Sharon123
Posted for Zaar World Tour, this is a great Russian dessert! This recipe is adapted from Everyday Cooking for the Jewish Home by Ethel G. Hofman. This is also popular in the Northeast and Canada.
Top Review by Thymestudio
This was wonderful! My husband and adore fruit desserts and this was really nice and different, making a sweet change of pace! Only thing I did different was used almonds instead of pecans because that was what I had onhand. I will be making this again!
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 pears, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 apples, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup chopped mixed dried fruit (glazed if possible)
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons chopped glazed pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the walnut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in maple syrup and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the pears and apples. Partially cover and cook over medium-high heat until just tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in dried fruits and apple cider.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle pecans over top. Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!