Roasted Grape Tomatoes
photo by Lisa1
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (I like to use both red and yellow tomatoes, you can also use cherry tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Heat oven to 250-275.
- Toss all ingredients in bowl, stirring to coat.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Spread tomatoes in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately one hour, or until skins have shriveled slightly and juices are caramelized.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were really good! The only reason they lost one star was because I found them a little bit salty - I'm not a big fan of salt so next time I will cut it down to 1 tsp as opposed to 2. I used sea salt and dried basil roasted them at 275 for just over an hour,,,,then I tossed them with some bow-tie pasta, sprinkled with some parmesan (sp) cheese and WALLA!!!! YUMMY!!!!
see 18 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 32-year-old Web writer/editor with a passion for cooking good food. Currently I am (still)trying to find an uninterrupted weekend afternoon so that I can bake a loaf of bread from scratch! I am also a singer with a local (Washington DC-area) a cappella group... you can check us out at the web site above!