Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Roast chicken with a bit of a twist. Add a load of chopped root vegetables and potatoes into the roasting pan when you put it in the oven, the coconut flavour is delicious.
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, finely chopped
- 400 g coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Mix together the curry paste, oil, ginger and lemongrass with 2 tbs of the milk.
- Brush the chicken all over with this. Put the cicken in a roasting tin and pour over the remaining milk.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally with the coconut milk.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 10 mins berfore carving.
So amazingly good! And simple. I added chunks of sweet potatoe Nd carrots to the roasting dish and they came out just as good, if not better than the chicken. Yum!!!
WOW! This was fantastic! Everyone raved about this, and we will be definately making it again. I didn't change a thing, and it came out with tender flavoursome chicken, and delicious spicy skin! Thanks for sharing! [made for PRMR]
I had no curry paste so used curry powder. This smells FANSTATIC cooking. Great taste .My DH raved about and so did our two dinner guests. I did find the skin did not get crispy even though it browned up nicely but that is OK since I do not need to eat that part LOL and could be from my finicky working oven. Made for PRMR tag March 2009