Recipe by VeggieMamma
I started really liking these when I came to Turkey and thought I would try to make them in the states. They make a great snack and are a wonderful and healthy alternative to chips.These are also loaded with vitamins inluding iron and fiber.
Top Review by LILLIANCOOKS
This is 5 stars if you let the beans bake til hard and crunchy! This will take almost an hour. Check them every 20 minutes and shake the tray to let them dry evenly. I seasoned mine to suit my own taste. I coated the beans with the olive oil then sprinkled them with seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, a pinch of cayenne pepper and about 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika. With these seasonings and baking them til they were hard and crunchy, made this taste like you were eating crispy fried chicken skin! So good! I added my photo!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups canned chick-peas
- black pepper (freshly ground is best)
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and rinse chic peas.
- Place chic peas in a large bowl and add the olive oil.
- Stir well ensuring that all the chic peas are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle Paprika, black pepper,salt, and chili powder on the chic peas and mix. You can use as much or as little as you like. I am always more liberal with the paprika, and less liberal with the chili powder.
- Place chic peas on a large baking pan covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for 22 minutes. *Note: Cooking times may vary as everyone's ovens are different so be sure to keep an eye on them.
- Serve right away. They are best served immediately after baking as they tend to lose their crispiness over time. Enjoy!