Vegan Lemon Asparagus Soup
photo by The Blender Girl
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large organic leeks (washed thoroughly and thinly sliced)
- 5 large organic red skinned potatoes (scrubbed and not peeled and rustically chopped.)
- 750 g organic asparagus (trimmed and chopped.)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 lemons, juice of (to taste)
- nutmeg, to serve
- Sautee the leeks in oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the potatoes and the stock, and simmer until the potato is tender, and cooked through.
- Add in the asparagus, and just blanch for only a couple of minutes until just tender. Be careful not to over cook them.
- We want to preserve the vibrant green colour, and nutritional value. Allow the soup to cool slightly.
- Then blend thoroughly, until smooth and creamy, Return to the stove, and reheat.
- Season with Celtic sea salt, and then pour in the fresh lemon juice gradually – tasting periodically until you achieve your perfect blend.
- The soup is best if it is really lemony. It has a tangy zing and tastes alive and really heightens the natural flavour of the asparagus.
- Season with nutmeg and serve with an extra lemon wedge. YUM!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!