Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from Weight Watchers. It is delicious. The rich, nutty flavor of freshly grated Parmesan cheese pairs beautifully with cauliflower. Try the same recipe with broccoli, baby carrots and asparagus.
- 6 cups fresh cauliflower, florets (about 1 head)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (Parmigiano-Reggiano suggested)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine cauliflower, oil, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Transfer cauliflower to large baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Roast until cauliflower is golden brown, tossing occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place in serving bowl and sprinkle with cheese; toss to mix.
- This is 1 point per each serving.
- Each serving is 3/4 cup.
I really liked how the cauliflower roasted up in this recipe. It still had great texture but was also quite tender. I had mine in the oven for about 20 minutes.
The simplicity of the dish and ingredients is proof that well prepared vegetables can hold their own against fussier versions. I loved this one and thought it was the perfect accompaniment to Herb Chicken with Warm Vinaigrette. The cauliflower was cooked perfectly, tender without being mushy, and the sharpness of the cheese served a great accent. Use really good fresh grated cheese as it is worth the effort. My only change might be to reduce the salt just a wee bit since the cheese also adds saltiness in the dish. Made for Zaar Stars.
I just love roasted cauliflower! I cut it in little bits so I get lots of browned pieces. Great recipe! THanks! Made for Everyday is a Holiday game.