Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I find it totally amazing, that children and men ALL LOVE THIS RECIPE! As for the Female of our species we just love this for the flavor and the health benefits it brings our families. Roasted brings out a wonderful sweetness in this dish. The Garlic is roasted to a tan color is creamy good. You can just pop them in your mouth. Or you can spread them on your florets or fresh bread. Just be sure to scoop up some of the rosemary, olive oil and black pepper that may have escaped to the bottom of the dish. For Halloween check out Bring Me Your Head on a Platter! Cauliflower version of my recipe.
- 1 large cauliflower (trimmed and cut into bite size pieces, washed with water still on)
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, adding more to taste
- more olive oil, to drizzle if wanted
- Mix oil, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic together.
- Toss in cauliflower and place in a large casserole dish in one layer.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 20 minutes; give a toss and bake for 10 more minutes.
This is by far my favorite way to eat cauliflower, not a favorite veggie of mine, unless its prepared this way! One full head of cauliflower will serve DH, myself and 3 year old. I follow the ingredients, but have found after making it a few times, I like the results better when I let it cook at the high 450 degree temp for about 20 min, then turning down the oven to about 350 for another 30 or so. Really lets the garlic soften and get sweet. Plus, easy to throw in some chicken breasts after turning down the temp and have your dinner ready at once. I will generally serve with garlic butter chicken breasts and couscous. Thanks for posting, this is a regular at our house!
Yes Yes Yes! I was not disappointed! Without being redundant, best cauliflower EVER coming from 2 people who put cauliflower at the bottom of the veggie list. Sprinkled a bit of parmesan at the end and really loved it. Might try without next time just to see....
I came across this recipe while browsing for highly rated recipes on the internet. I honestly wondered why such a simple cauliflower recipe was getting such "rave reviews". So I tried it. Oh...my...goodness. It was AMAZING. I ate it up so fast. The garlic was also delicious. I drizzled some lemon juice on top as well. I will be making this again for sure.