Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Smitten Kitchen
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into two-inch segments (angled if you're feeling fancy)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 an avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon (juice of)
- Roast the carrots: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Toss the carrot chunks in a medium bowl with two tablespoons of the olive oil, cumin and as generous of a helping of salt and pepper as you like. (We like a lot. Especially with sweet things like carrots.).
- Spread them on a roasting sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender and browned. Of course, roasting time will vary depending on the thickness of your carrots. Our heftier chunks took over 30.
- Finish the salad: Once the carrots are roasted, arrange them on a serving platter with slices of avocado on top. Drizzle the salad with the last tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice and extra salt and pepper, if it needs it. Eat immediately.
We liked this easy, healthy recipe. I used multi-colored carrots fresh from the Farmer's Market. I didn't peel them because I never do when I roast them. I'm not sure that I preferred this salad to just having roasted carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper; but it was easy and a good way to get in the added health benefit of avocado. Made for ZWT9.
Easy, easy, easy and so good over a bed of lightly wilted spinach and arugula! I could imagine this prepared when indigo carrots are available locally! Reviewed for Veg Tag/March.
We loved the roasted carrots very much!
This is great warm and cold as well. However, only for personal preference, I need some spices over avocados. For this reason after trying this I added some cumin over the avocado and the recept was perfect.
Thanks a lot for posting this recipe.