1 hr 45 mins
A wonderful variant of the traditional butternut squash soup. If you can get Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes, they add a wonderful flavor to this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 leeks, sliced (white portion only)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 (24 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- 3Place squash on a sheetpan, cut side down.
- 4Bake until soft (Pushing on it with a finger should leave an impression in the flesh).
- 5Remove flesh from the skin.
- 6Heat olive oil in a large pan over low heat.
- 7Still over low heat, cook onion, leeks, carrots, celery, and garlic until soft.
- 8Add squash and tomatoes, cook gently for 10 minutes.
- 9Add stock.
- 10Salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- 12Puree in batches until smooth.
- 13Return to a clean pan and add cream.
- 14Heat just to a boil.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (4635 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1876.5
- Calories from Fat 814
- Total Fat 90.5 g
- Saturated Fat 34.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.2 mg
- Sodium 1776.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 257.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 41.4 g
- Sugars 67.3 g
- Protein 41.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: