Recipe by Manami
How can this be anything but fantastic? Everyday Food, October 2006. This makes a wonderful side dish!
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
We really enjoyed this roasted broccoli. It was easy to prepare and we loved the combination of garlic, red pepper flakes, and manchego. I would definitely make this again. Thanks!
- 2 large head of broccoli (About 2 lbs)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1⁄2 cup manchego cheese, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Trim 1" from end of broccoli stalks. Cut off florets, and separate into large pieces. Use a vegetable peeler or pairing knife, peel the outer layer of stalks; thinly slice crosswise.
- Divide broccoli(both stalks and florets), garlic, oil and red-pepper flakes between 2 large rimmed baking sheets; season with salt.
- Roast until broccoli is crisp-tender and beginning to brown, 20-25 minutes, rotating sheets from top to bottom and tossing broccoli once halfway through.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle broccoli with lemon juice; toss to coat.
- Serve topped with Manchego.