Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Two kinds of potatoes cook with the meat, everything flavored and scented with rosemary and mustard. From genuardis.com
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (4 lb) well-trimmed beef roast (they suggest ribeye)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium baking potatoes, quartered
- 2 large sweet potatoes, halved, quartered
- 4 small onions, halved
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine rosemary, garlic, salt, mustard, and pepper; press 1/2 onto beef roast.
- Combine remaining seasoning with oil in large bowl. Add vegetables; toss.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover.
- After meat has roasted for 15 to 30 minutes, place potatoes and onions on rack around meat.
- Roast meat 1 3/4 hours for medium rare; 2 hours for medium doneness.
- Roast vegetables 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135 degrees F for medium rare; 150 degrees F for medium.
- Tent with foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10 degrees to reach 145 degrees F for medium rare; 160 degrees F for medium.).
- Carve roast. Serve with vegetables.
This was so good. I have never had "real" sweet potatoes only canned. Everything was so tender and moist. Will make again.