Recipe by Lazarus
I got this recipe off the Food Network from Giada De Laurentis. Excellent accompaniment to any meat dish, and so simple!
Top Review by mama smurf
What a great recipe...so easy and soooo delicious! Definately a keeper in my Favorites of 2012. I didn't add any extra oil or herbs to my dish at the end and we really felt that we didn't need to. Served these with recipe#426278#426278 and recipe#190492#190492. Made a perfect dinner. Thank you for posting. Made for Fall Pick a Chef 2012 tag game. Just made this for Spring PAC 2014 and now realized I have already made this...still a wonderful recipe!!!
- 1⁄2 lb small red potato, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 lb small white potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence, plus extra for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put the potatoes into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the herbs, garlic, and oil together until blended.
- Pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, then toss to coat.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large heavy baking dish, spacing them evenly apart.
- Roast the potatoes until they are tender and golden, turning them occasionally with tongs for approx 1 hour.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes to a platter
- Optional: Drizzle with additional extra-virgin olive oil and herbes de Provence. Serve warm or hot.