Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From an unknown magazine clipping. Make the butter ahead of time if you like. I cut this recipe down easily and did not have fresh thyme so I used dry. Great dish!
- 44.37 ml finely chopped shallots
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 907.18 g asparagus spears
- cooking spray
- Combine shallots, butter, vinegar, thyme salt and rind, stirring well with a whisk.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Snap off woody ends of asparagus.
- Arrange spears in a single layer on a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cover with foil and bake for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp tender.
- Pour butter mixture over asparagus, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve immediately.
I always roast my asparagus but your recipe added a nice touch with the shallot, lemon rind & Balsamic. I omitted the butter (I know I love it but!!!) and lightly sprayed the asparagus with lite Olive oil, sprinkles the shallot, lemon rind & balsamic over the spears, sealed the pkg of foil around them and baked in 375 oven for 15 minutes - They were heated through but still had crunch, perfect. Thanks KellyM for a now favorite way for me to roast asparagus
Delicious! Served this tonight with Bev's Walnut Crusted Trout Fillets (Walnut Crusted Trout Fillets) and we just loved the combination. The asparagus was extremely easy to prepare and had excellent flavor. I believe this is a versatile recipe that will be a nice compliment to a number of dishes. DH, who is difficult to impress, really enjoyed it as well. We will be keeping this recipe and making it again soon!
The whole family enjoyed asparagus served this way. I made a foil packet with the asparagus and poured the sauce over the top and sealed into a pouch. I baked at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes to the "doneness" we like. The sauce was made as is, exept for leaving out the thyme. Great flavor and easy clean up! Thanks for sharing.