Quick to prepare, this soup will warm your soul. The roasted green onions give this soup smoky depth. From Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bunches green onions
- 1 1/2 lbs asparagus, cut into 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or 1/2 cup light cream or 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- fresh dill sprig (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 450*F.
- 2Trim root ends from green onions.
- 3Cut white parts into 1-inch lengths.
- 4Cut green tops into 1-inch lengths and reserve.
- 5Place the white parts, asparagus, and onion wedges in an even layer in a shallow large roasting pan.
- 6Drizzle vegetables with olive oil.
- 7Roast, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are charred and tender.
- 8Place half of the roasted vegetables in a food processor or blender.
- 9Add half a can of broth.
- 10Cover; process or blend until smooth.
- 11Transfer to a large saucepan.
- 12Repeat with remaining asparagus, onion wedges, and half a can broth.
- 13Stir in remaining can of broth, salt, and pepper.
- 14Heat through.
- 15Stir in half-and-half and snipped fresh dill.
- 16To serve, ladle soup into bowls.
- 17Top with reserved green sections of onoion and dill sprigs.
- 18Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 563.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 7.1 g