Recipe by Morrisseyist
Gourmet Magazine - October 2006
Top Review by Chef Convivia
So delicious! Had all the components of a good Thai meal: sweet (squash), spicy (chile pequin, and I added a pinch of red chile powder for an added kick), sour (lime), and smidge of salt. Very filling too. My husband and I both loved it.
- 3 lbs acorn squash
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Halve squash lengthwise, then cut off and discard stem ends.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Cut squash lengthwise into wedges.
- Toss squash with salt, pepper, and 1 table spoon oil.
- Place on baking sheet lined with foil or parchment and roast until tender, 25-35 minutes.
- For the vinaigrette, mince the garlic and place in small bowl.
- Add lime juice, chile and cilantro.
- Mix in remaining olive oil.
- To serve, drizzle squash with vinaigrette.