Warm German Potato Salad
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- In a large saucepan combine potatoes with salted water to cover by 1 inch and simmer until just tender, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a large heavy skillet cook bacon over moderate heat, stirring, until browned and crisp and transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Drain potatoes and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut potatoes into eighths and in a bowl combine with bacon.
- Keep mixture warm, covered.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons fat from skillet and saute onion over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and broth and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to warm potatoes with parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, tossing gently, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve potato salad warm or at room temperature, garnished with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!