Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Gourmet Magazine - October 2006
Make and share this Roasted Acorn Squash With Chile Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Halve squash lengthwise, then cut off and discard stem ends.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Cut squash lengthwise into wedges.
- Toss squash with salt, pepper, and 1 table spoon oil.
- Place on baking sheet lined with foil or parchment and roast until tender, 25-35 minutes.
- For the vinaigrette, mince the garlic and place in small bowl.
- Add lime juice, chile and cilantro.
- Mix in remaining olive oil.
- To serve, drizzle squash with vinaigrette.
So delicious! Had all the components of a good Thai meal: sweet (squash), spicy (chile pequin, and I added a pinch of red chile powder for an added kick), sour (lime), and smidge of salt. Very filling too. My husband and I both loved it.
The taste of lime and garlic in the vinaigrette is just wonderful with the squash. I didn't have an acorn squash but used a butternut which tasted divine. I can imagine the acorn and would be just as wonderful. I will be trying it that way next time. Loved this!
Thought this was fantastic! A nice change from sweet acorn squash. Minimal preparation for a lovely side dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2008.