Recipe by peachy_pie
Great to take on picnics with some crusty bread and a salad, or to pack in lunchboxes. Feel free to use up any leftover roast vegetables in this!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I definitely used sweet potatoes (unpeeled) in this recipe, & the potatoes & the zucchini made a nice combo, I thought! I did double the garlic, since we like it so much, & used lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! All for A VERY TASTY MEAL along with a small loaf of nut-&-seed whole wheat bread! Thanks for a nice recipe keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmades in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #32]
- 500 g zucchini, sliced thickly
- 500 g pumpkin or 500 g sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup mixed fresh herbs, roughly torn
- 8 free range eggs
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Toss the vegetables with the olive oil in a 20cm shallow baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Beat eggs together with milk, herbs and seasoning. Pour on top of the roast vegetables.
- Return to the oven for 40 minutes, covering top with foil after 20 minutes.