45 hrs 30 mins
This recipe has been tested by Country Living This Thanksgiving classic, basted in white wine and rosemary, will hold center stage on any dinner table. Arrange fresh herbs, seasonal fruit, and vegetables for colorful and easy-to-assemble holiday garnishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make basting liquid:
- 2Bring broth, butter, and wine to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- 3Add the rosemary and zest and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Add the honey, remove from heat, set liquid aside, and keep warm.
- 5Roast the turkey:
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 7Season the turkey with salt and pepper.
- 8Truss the turkey and place, breast side up, in a roasting pan fitted with a wire rack.
- 9Add garlic cloves and lemon slices in the pan and roast for 30 minutes.
- 10Baste turkey with liquid and roast, basting again every 30 minutes, until a thermometer inserted into the thigh meat reads 175 degrees F -- about 3 hours.
- 11If you plan to make gravy, reserve the pan drippings.
- 12Let the turkey rest for 30 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Turkey With White Wine and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (633 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1070.2
- Calories from Fat 561
- Total Fat 62.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 419.2 mg
- Sodium 1067.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 112.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: