Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 hrs
This recipe has been tested by Country Living This Thanksgiving classic, basted in white wine and rosemary, will hold center stage on any dinner table. Arrange fresh herbs, seasonal fruit, and vegetables for colorful and easy-to-assemble holiday garnishes.
- Make basting liquid:
- Bring broth, butter, and wine to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Add the rosemary and zest and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the honey, remove from heat, set liquid aside, and keep warm.
- Roast the turkey:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper.
- Truss the turkey and place, breast side up, in a roasting pan fitted with a wire rack.
- Add garlic cloves and lemon slices in the pan and roast for 30 minutes.
- Baste turkey with liquid and roast, basting again every 30 minutes, until a thermometer inserted into the thigh meat reads 175 degrees F -- about 3 hours.
- If you plan to make gravy, reserve the pan drippings.
- Let the turkey rest for 30 minutes before carving.