Recipe by English_Rose
Make the most of as many root vegetables you can get hold of for this wonderfully nutritious warm salad.
- 1 kg root vegetables (such as carrots, parsnip, celeriac, swede, sweet potato, small potatoes, shallots, beetroot)
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 6 sticks celery, cut into 2in pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, left unpeeled and smashed with the back of a knife
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch flaked sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F
- Peel and cut the vegetables into similar sizes (potatoes can be left unpeeled).
- Toss the roots with the caraway seeds, thyme, garlic, olive oil and seasoning in a large roasting tray.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, until all the vegetables are cooked though. Turn them a few times whilst cooking.
- To make the vinaigrette, place all of the ingredients in a screw topped jar and shake together.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, toss with the dressing and scatter with the parsley. Serve hot.