Recipe by T. Woolfe
A rather sweet pork roast. I like this a lot because not only is it delish, but it freezes quite well sliced in the juices. Another Boil-in-bag thing.
Top Review by Dancer^
TW this was amazing, my husband told me this was a mans recipe lol. We both loved the flavor and texture of the meat. We did freeze some to see how it comes out. Thanks TW, great recipes. Its a keeper.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 12 dried black figs, approximately
- 1 cup marsala wine or 1 cup dark port wine (with a drap of Honey)
- 1⁄2 cup boiling onions
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the Figs in the Marsala at least an hour.
- Put the Boiler Onions in warm water 20 min, skin cut off the root and stem,cut a X in the bottom.
- Mix 1 TBS Oil, Salt, Pepper,& Allspice then rub the Pork let it stand half an hour.
- Sear the rubbed pork in the rest of the oil.
- Put everything but the butter in a coverable roasting pan.
- Roast covered at 325F for an hour.
- Uncover, drop the oven to 275F and continue roasting to an internal temp of 145F.
- If you want a higher temp for safety do so but I feel 145F plus the 5+ rise after removal is sufficient.
- Remove the meat to a plate.
- Remove the most solid of the Figs and onions.
- Put the liquid in a pot and degrease, I use paper towels.
- Chech the seasoning.
- Whisk in the butter to the hot liquid, I use my hand blender.
- Slice and enjoy, figs and onions on the side.