Recipe by JeanineD 2
Even though this pork roast takes 3 to 4.5 hours to cook it is moist, not dry like so many pork roasts that I have had in restaurants. My Mom always cooked this roast on special occasions when I was a child. I use this recipe on a lazy day; I pop it into the oven and forget about it for 3.5 hours. I serve this roast with marinated pineapple rings, potato salad, beetroot and a large green salad. Marinate the pineapple rings first thing in the morning then pop them onto a baking sheet for 20minutes when browning the roast.
roast leg of pork in Coca-Cola
- 3 kg pork legs
- 20 ml freshly ground salt
- 15 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 30 ml mustard powder
- 2 liters Coca-Cola
marinated canned pineapple ring
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 50 ml white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons brandy
- 900 g pineapple rings
- of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinated canned pineapple rings.
- Mix the cooking oil, vinegar, brandy and chopped mint together.
- Drain the juice off of the pineapple rings.
- Put the pineapple rings into a container with a lid pour the above mixture over the pineapple rings cover with lid and refrigerate.
- Roast leg of pork in Coca Cola.
- Preheat the oven to 120cC (250F).
- Rub the salt, pepper and dry mustard powder into the leg of pork.
- Place leg of pork in a roasting dish that has a lid, pour the Coca Cola over the pork leg cover roasting dish with lid, place in the oven and bake for 3 to 4 hours, remove the lid ½ hour before serving increase the oven temperature to 200C (425F) and brown the pork leg.While browning the leg of pork put the marinated pineapple rings onto a baking sheet, put into the oven and brown for 20 minutes.