Roast Duck Legs With Red Wine Sauce
You could try this recipe using a half leg of lamb - same amount of cooking time would be needed .
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 4 duck legs
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red currant jelly, quince jelly could be subbed here
- Heat oven to 190 C.
- Place duck legs in single layer in a roasting pan on a bed of rosemary sprigs and garlic cloves.
- Sprinkle them with salt and five spice powder.
- Roast for one hour.
- Meanwhile place wine and jelly in a pot and simmer on a low heat.
- Stir to dissolve jelly, simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon off almost all the fat from duck.
- Pour wine mixture around duck.
- Roast further 15 minutes until sauce reduces.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yummy duck thanks Kate. I used a whole duck which I stuffed with half the rosemary and about 3 cloves of garlic, then sat it on the other half of the rosemary and another 3 cloves of garlic, I sprinkled some red chili flakes over too. I baked it in my clay pot for two hours before pouring the sauce over and finishing it with the lid off for 15 minutes more. I was a bit worried that 5 spice (Asian) and rosemary and red wine (very European) wouldn't be quite right, but it was great.Reply