Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a vegetarian version of my similar recipe using chicken breast instead of peppers. You can vary the ingredients to taste, this is just a rough guide as I don't normally measure anything out. I usually serve it with cous cous and a green leaf salad and it's delicious!
- 4 bell peppers (Red, Green or Yellow)
- 100 g watercress
- 100 g black olives (pitted and sliced)
- 100 g cheese (grated, mild Cheddar or similar)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (in olive oil, not dry)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (can use the oil from the tomatoes)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7.
- Halve the peppers and remove pips etc.
- Drain the sun dried tomatoes and use the oil to coat the outside of the peppers and to oil the roasting tin / dish.
- Roughly chop the watercress and the sun dried tomatoes and put in a mixing bowl with the grated cheese and sliced olives - mix together.
- Place the halved peppers in the oiled roasting tin / dish.
- Divide the cheese and watercress mixture equally between the 8 pepper halves - pack in as much as you can.
- Roast for about half an hour or until the peppers are tender.