Recipe by Golden Sunflower
A whole leg of lamb roasts on a bed of potatoes and onions that absorb all the savory juices. This is an excellent choice for a festive meal. Serve along with a fresh spinach salad and for dessert - fresh fruit salad.
- 1 (5 1/2-6 lb) leg of lamb
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make slits in meat with tip of sharp knife; insert slivers of garlic. Rub surface of meat with salt and pepper.
- Layer potatoes and onion in bottom of large shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with flour.
- Place leg of lamb on top of potatoes and onions.
- Pour broth over potatoes, dot with butter. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Roast lamb uncovered, at 325 degrees until thermometer registers 175 degrees for 2-2 1/2 hours. Let meat stand for 15-20 minutes before carving.