The roasted eggplant lends a lovely smokey flavor to this salad and the flatbread gives a satisfying crunch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 flat bread or 1 pita bread
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce mint leaf
- 2 shallots, 1 finely chopped, the other thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces arugula leaves, to serve
- 1Heat the oven to 400°F Brush the eggplant slices with 1 tbs of the oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- 2Arrange on a baking tray or sheet and roast for 20 mins until browned, popping the tomatoes on the tray for the final five minutes.
- 3Tear the flatbread or pita into pieces and place on a separate baking sheet. Brown in the oven for 8 mins or until crisp, then remove.
- 4For the dressing, in a small bowl, mix the vinegar, mint, chopped shallot, chili, remaining oil and some salt and pepper.
- 5Scatter the eggplant slices, tomatoes, sliced shallot and crisp flatbread into a serving bowl. Pour over the dressing, sprinkle with the goat cheese and scatter over a little arugula.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Eggplant Salad With Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (707 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.7
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 173.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: