Recipe by English_Rose
The roasted eggplant lends a lovely smokey flavor to this salad and the flatbread gives a satisfying crunch!
- 2 eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 flat bread or 1 pita bread
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce mint leaf
- 2 shallots, 1 finely chopped, the other thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces arugula leaves, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400°F Brush the eggplant slices with 1 tbs of the oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a baking tray or sheet and roast for 20 mins until browned, popping the tomatoes on the tray for the final five minutes.
- Tear the flatbread or pita into pieces and place on a separate baking sheet. Brown in the oven for 8 mins or until crisp, then remove.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, mix the vinegar, mint, chopped shallot, chili, remaining oil and some salt and pepper.
- Scatter the eggplant slices, tomatoes, sliced shallot and crisp flatbread into a serving bowl. Pour over the dressing, sprinkle with the goat cheese and scatter over a little arugula.