Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was a winning recipe from Hell's Kitchen 2011 and was published in People Magazine 8/8/2011. It has become one of our very favorite all-in-one dinners!! Absolutely delicious!!
- 4 chicken legs with thigh, attached
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swiss chard, blanched and drained well
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper and paprika.
- heat canola oil in a sauté pan.
- Sear chicken on each side for 5 minutes.
- Transfer skin side up to a rack set in a sheet pan.
- Roast until cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons each salt and sugar plus squash to a large pot of boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes and drain.
- Place in a food processor. Add heavy cream, butter, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Process until smooth.
- Keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. sauté onion until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add swiss chard. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken stock.
- Boil, then cook until broth reduces by half.
- Spoon squash and swiss chard on plate. Top with chicken.
- Serve -- Yum!