Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Roasted garlic cloves over a platter of chicken and potatoes with a succulent lemon sauce.
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) frying chickens
- 20 -30 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 4 small potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and pat dry chicken, Cut cut alongone side of breast or backbone to butterfly.
- Set chicken cut side up in a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking boil 2 cups water, add garlic and boil 5 minutes. drain and slip off peels.
- Lift out chicken, arrange garlic and sliced potatoes in pan, set chicken skin side up on top of that,sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- place back into oven and bake 1 hour or until juices from chicken run clear.
- Drain juices into small pan, cover chicken and keep hot.
- Stir bouillon cube and sornstarch into lemon juice to dissolve, Add this to the drippings alnog with the chicken broth or wine, stir over medium high heat for 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens.
- arrange chicken and potatoes onto a platter scatter garlic over top and spoon on lemon sauce.serve dich with lemon sauce alongside.
Delicious! Thanks for giving me a fun new roasting idea, rosemary was getting old!