Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Smorrebrod is an open faced sandwich from Denmark. There are several great remoulade recipes on 'zaar to choose from. This recipe makes one sandwich, but is easily multiplied to serve more. From Saveur magazine, for ZWT6.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 slice brown bread (thin)
- 2 -3 slices roast beef (thin slices)
- 1 slice tomatoes (thin)
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 -2 tablespoon remoulade sauce
- Spread butter over bread.
- Place roast beef on bread, allowing meat to overhang.
- Spoon remoulade over beef, and sprinkle with chives.
- Top with tomato slice, and enjoy.
We both loved this and felt that the Spice Cajun Remoulade Sauce was as essential as the fresh tomato and roast beef. The only change I made was to use white bread because I did not have any brown bread, also think this would be good on a light rye. This will be a regular in our house, thanks for the post.
The butter and remoulade are essential to this, adding fat and flavour. I used a very lean, rare roast beef. A healthy sprinkling of freshly-cracked pepper is a good thing!