Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Spicy!! I have made this recipe with ground chicken, turkey and meat loaf mixture and it has been delicious with all and any of them. I usually substitute dried minced onion for fresh because I hate the taste and I hate chopping onions!!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 slices bread, torn into pieces or 1 cup breadcrumbs or 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Pack into an ungreased 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Drain off all extra pan juices.
- Let sit for 5 minutes then serve.
- I like to serve this with steamed tortillas, brown rice and a green salad.
This has just a little kick to it but not enough that you can't serve it to little ones. I will add my Penzey's hot chili powder next time to give it an extra BIG kick. I used the bread crumbs when I made mine. I'll be making this again soon. Thank you for posting. Made for *My 3 Chefs 2009* game my theme was *Meatloaf*